Well, the person I really need to thank is Jenny. She bestowed upon me the Versatile Blogger Award!!
EEEEEKKKK! I’m so excited!!! (She actually gave it to me about 2 weeks ago! Yikes! Where does the time go?) Ok, so here’s how it works. First, I tell you 7 things about myself.
1. In the privacy of my own car (and sometimes in the presence of my poor, tortured husband) I have the singing voice of Aretha Franklin and Mary J. Blige combined. COMBINED! I have the attitude too, complete with the head weaving. My signature song is “I Guess That’s Why They Call it the Blues” (the Elton John-Mary J. duet, of course) – I bring the house down every time. In reality, there’s a slim possibility that I sound like a drowning cat.
2. Our wedding song (the one for our first dance) was “All I Ever Need Is You” by Kenny Rogers. I love it! We routinely blast it in the car. We do not turn the volume down at stoplights. We might be the only people on the planet who blast Kenny Rogers.
3. I can write backwards. I taught myself to do it at work so I wouldn’t mix up samples.
4. I’m addicted to crime shows! Law and Order, CSI, The First 48, The Shift…Dateline, 48 Hours Mystery, the Mentalist, NCIS…it doesn’t matter if they’re real or fake…I can’t get enough. Chris claims that if there were a show about missing cats I would watch it. It’s funny ‘cause it’s true! I watched a LOT of Animal Cops over the summer.
5. The thing I love about science is the puzzle. It’s like solving a mystery, bit by bit. (Very little bit by very little bit!)
6. I’ve never gotten a detention or a speeding ticket (even though I drive like Speed Racer). I think even now if I got a detention (or a speeding ticket) I would cry!
7. Once upon a time, I was a vegetarian. Now bacon and steak are my favorite foods – don’t even get me started on bacon-wrapped steak!
Part 2 of the award is to pass it on. As you can see on the left-hand side of the page, I read a bazillion blogs…I cannot pick favorites! It’s impossible! So I’m passing the honor along to my newest bloggy finds:
In other news, the last two weeks have been nothing short of INSANE! It started when I had to present at our company board meeting - my part took about 4.2 seconds, but I studied for about a week to prepare for it...I'm like that. Then, just as I recovered from that, we had a snow storm...it was ridiculous!...it looked like a tornado came through our town! We were out of power (and heat!) for a little over three days - some people are still waiting! I am many things in life, but tough and rugged are not among them! I cannot be without heat and hot water! (Last week I heard someone say "you can take a cold shower" - I didn't understand those words...) It took me another few days to rebound from my "no heat-no shower-cold breakfast-miserable-freeze your ass off experience"...but I'm finally back in the land of the living and sewing activities have resumed! Now let's see if I can keep up some sort of momentum with this blog business!