So the big item for my partner is a wall quilt. My partner likes improv quilts - I DID actually use improv piecing techniques (I swear, I didn't use a ruler or a rotary cutter!), but it came out looking more wonky than improv...but I'm ok with that for my first try though! Hopefully this will still fit the bill!
Denyse Schmidt and Malka Dubrawsky! I checked out a bunch of their pics and noticed that they often paired square-ish piecing with circular quilting so I went with wonky, free-motion spirals.
On the back, I added four corner pockets to hang it up. I always picture it in the orientation shown above, but there's really no right or wrong direction...so this way my partner can hang it up any way she likes.
|(you know I couldn't just use a plain backing, right?)|
|(the bird is carrying a twig...but I can see how it might look like a worm...or a moustache!)|
Audrie!), the knowledge that it wasn't the way it was supposed to be was eating away at me. So I'm sending this for the swap because I really like the way the bird and the piecing came out...but I made another little thing to make up for the zipper! (I know, I'm crazy!)
Sew She Sews. It was quick and painless! (I might have to whip one up for myself too!) The darker blue is a pocket, the "pages" are a wool blend, and I even managed to add a snap! I have had bad luck with those "easy" grommet tools in the past and with my first trial snap yesterday, I kind of messed up the plastic on the tool and bent the knobby part of the snap...I clearly don't know my own strength...I'm a hulk! But it still worked and after using up most of my snaps in trials, I successfully added one to the needle book! Again, I say "Woo! Hoo!"
I have to confess that I really wanted to dip into a polka dot or something for the inside of the needle book or the pouch lining...but this IS a solids swap and part of the fun was not letting myself add prints... I'm really happy with how everything turned out! So now I just have to hold my breath and hope this suits my partner!